The Au Pair program is considered a cultural exchange by the Thai and American governments. Program participants will live in the United States and reside with an American family for one to two years. This is possible thanks to the J1 student visa which is under the authority of the United States Department of State. Au pairs receive weekly remuneration for their child care services. As an au pair, not only will you see your English skills improve, you’ll also receive a scholarship for a short-term course and have the chance to travel in America and experience daily life in the US while living with an American family. If you love taking care of little children, are interested in a different kind of cultural exchange, and hope to develop your personality and broaden your horizons, then the Au Pair program is your once in a lifetime chance that will lead to unforgettable memories and one where you will be gaining a second family to love!
- Chance for cultural exchange with an American family.
- Opportunity to travel in America throughout the year.
- Opportunity to grow as a person and boost your self confidence.
- Chance to study at an American institution and to improve your English skills.
- 18 to 26 years of age (participants aged 26 years must not be more than 26 years and 5 months old; EduDee will consider such candidates on a case-by-case basis.)
- At least 500 hours of child care experience
- M6/ Grade 12/ Year 13 or equivalent certification
- A Thai driver’s license of 1 or 2 years – No criminal record
- Excellent physical health and free of communicable disease
- A maximum of 45 hours per week or 10 hours per day
- Responsible for everything regarding the child under the au pair’s care, such as taking care of the child’s clothes, hygiene and safety.
- Preparing meals for the child
- Able to drive the child to and from school or to activities outside the house when asked for by the American family.
- Assistance every step of the way from the start to the end of the program.
- A free roundtrip airline ticket
- The right to health and accident insurance throughout the entire program.
- Free training including room and board in New York for 5 full days.
- Income of USD 195.75 per week
- Educational scholarship of USD 500 per year.
- 2-weeks vacation and the right to travel legally in the US for 30 days after your visa expires.
Au pairs successfully chosen by American families will receive sponsorship for a roundtrip ticket between Thailand and the USA, training in New York, a car to and from the airport, meals and a room for the 5 days of training as well as travelling expenses from New York to their respective American families. Therefore, the only expenses that an au pair must be personally responsible for are the program processing fees, health and accident insurance fees in the US, and fees for official documents from government agencies, all of which totals to approximately 45,000 to 50,000 baht.
At EduDee, we understand that deciding to join the au pair program can be very exciting for the applicant and that the time it takes applicants to prepare may differ. EduDee is happy to provide assistance to all our au pairs every step of the way, from preparing the documents needed to apply to doing the interview with potential American families. It’s our way of helping our recruits be as ready as possible to embark on their adventure to America as au pairs!
- Register for a free information session concerning the program as well as take an English proficiency test and attitude test to be conducted by EduDee officers.
- Meet all the required qualifications and hand in your documents for the Au Pair program.
2.1 A photocopy of your Thai driver’s license
2.2 A photocopy of your passport
2.3 A photocopy of the English version of your transcript (academic record)
2.4 An official letter proving that you have no criminal record
2.5 An official document certifying that you have childcare experience (of at least 300 hours)
2.6 A letter of recommendation (from a university instructor, boss at work, or someone older than you who can vouch for your character)
3.Submit your application online as well as upload a photo and video
4.Begin the matching process and wait for an American family to make contact
5.Agree to be officially matched with an American family 6.Pay the program and visa fees
7.Attend a visa and preparation workshop to receive the documents for visa application and travel preparations.
8.Receive your airline ticket
9.Travel to New York for the orientation 4 or 5 days before travelling to reside with your American family.